SAINT LOUIS, MO (April 30, 2020) – In the midst of a global pandemic, Central States Water Resources is more committed than ever to providing our customers with clean, safe and reliable water resources.
With so much uncertainty, we want to make sure all of our customers, both old and new, have all the information they need to stay confident when it comes to their water and/or wastewater services. Here are a few of the questions we’ve heard from customers lately:
Who Is CSWR?
Headquartered in St. Louis, Central States Water Resources is a private water utility company working to bring safe, reliable and environmentally responsible water resources to every community in the U.S.
What is CSWR Doing to Combat COVID-19?
Our current water treatment process has proven effective at ensuring all of our communities’ water and wastewater are managed safely. For more information on our water treatment process, chlorination and chloramination, and how we prevent our water supply against COVID-19, see our in-depth discussion here.
What If I Need My Meter Re-Read?
We are offering the option of performing photo-submission re-reads. Customers can send a photo of their meter and issues can be discussed and resolved via email and telephone.
What If I Can’t Pay My Bill?
We understand that this is a difficult time for many of our customers and community members. If you’ve been affected by COVID-19, here’s what you should know:
- We have extended a moratorium on shut-off and late fees until further notice.
- We are complying with the guidance the state is providing and extending those courtesies to all communities (i.e. If Kentucky says you can’t shut off service, charge late fees, and send late notices, but Missouri doesn’t, we are still extending that same courtesy to Missouri customers.)
- We are working through payment options for any balances that accrue during this time. Please contact our customer service department to talk about payment options.
Why Is My Bill Higher?
While stay-at-home orders are in place, water usage is bound to increase. If your bill is calculated on a usage-based rate, this will affect the cost of your bill. For more information on our current payment protocols, see section above. (We’ve gathered some tips for you on how to conserve water while at home you can read here.)
Can I Flush Disinfectant Wipes?
No. Please dispose of disinfectant wipes as you would paper towels, napkins, and other items that do not flush. It is integral to take care of our plumbing systems and reduce the risk of causing damage that might require in-person action. Read more about what you should and should not flush here.
What is the Best Way To Contact CSWR?
The best way to reach us is through the website or by calling us toll-free:
- Elm Hills: elmhillsuoc.com/ (866) 245-4796
- Confluence Rivers: confluenceriversuoc.com/ (866) 945-3920
- Hillcrest: hillcrestuoc.com/ (866) 452-1356
- Indian Hills: indianhillsuoc.com/ (866) 747-0493
- Raccoon Creek: raccooncreekuoc.com/ (866) 452-1357
- Bluegrass Water: bluegrasswateruoc.com/ (866) 752-8982
- Oak Hill: oakhilluoc.com/ (866) 404-2162
- Eagle Ridge: eagleridgeuoc.com/ (866) 232-7286
- Flushing Meadows: flushingmeadowsuoc.com/ (866) 279-1233
- Hayden’s Place: haydensplaceuoc.com/ (866) 305-5540
- Sebastian Lake: sebastianlakeuoc.com/ (866) 270-4919
- St. Joseph’s Glen: stjosephsglenuoc.com/ (866) 611-0490
- Magnolia Water: magnoliawateruoc.com/ (855) 643-8152
- CSWR Texas Water: cswrtexaswateruoc.com/ (866) 301-7725
Please make use of our customer portal where you can view your bill, monitor usage, and view our FAQs to find quick answers.
While we don’t know how long the COVID-19 pandemic will be affecting our lives or how long we’ll be living socially distanced lives, CSWR is here to help. From our longtime customers to those in our newest communities in states like Louisiana, Central States Water Resources is here for you.