One of our top priorities is to make sure your water is safe, clean and reliable. One of the ways we do that is by disinfecting the water supply through a process called chlorination. By adding small amounts of chlorine-rich substances, a majority of the different pathogens and impurities in drinking water reserves are removed so it’s safe for you to drink.
It is a delicate process of keeping the chlorine levels in balance and keeping the water supply safe to drink. We carefully monitor and controls these levels so that our communities may enjoy the full benefits of this process.
Of all the benefits chlorination offers, here are a few highlights:
- It provides safe, clean drinking water.
- It maintains reliable disinfection of dirt and bacteria,
- It keeps pipes and water systems clean.
- It allows freshwater to be collected from a variety of sources.
- It aids in the process of recycling our water.
- It has been proven to effectively eliminate traces of COVID-19 from the water supply.
Please contact us if you have any additional questions about chlorination, COVID-19, or how we treat our water supply.