Would you like to join the Central States Water Resources Team? If so, please see the open positions below and apply!
Water infrastructure is a critical component of the health of all communities in the United States. Unfortunately, much of the water infrastructure supporting our communities is failing due to lack of investment. Central States Water Resources, Inc. (CSWR) is at the forefront of the water utility industry by bringing solutions to some of the most troubled water infrastructure systems in the United States. CSWR is actively acquiring, renovating, and stabilizing water and wastewater operations in many communities, bringing the infrastructure investment needed to ensure safe, reliable water service to allow communities to thrive. CSWR’s mission is to make safe water resources available to every community in America.
The Financial Analyst Internship is for 4-year college students interested in a career leading the efforts to bring investment to water infrastructure. An intern in this program can expect to learn about all aspects of CSWR’s business and gain experience in understanding the market of water and wastewater utilities nationwide and working with private equity investors. The need for organization and structure in this area is great and CSWR is hoping to develop the next generation of Financial Analysts who will gain a deep understanding of metric analysis and who can take data and transform it into actionable information for the leadership team and the private equity investors.
- Collecting, interpreting, and effectively communicating data.
- Responding to investor requests to ensure consistency, accuracy, and timeliness. • Perform market research, competitive analysis, and ad hoc research as needed. • Make recommendations by leveraging data (both internal and external) and analysis to assist in management’s decision making.
- Analyzing business processes to identify deficiencies and areas for improvement. • Prepare and assist with financial modeling.
- Guaranteeing various project deadlines are met.
- Ensuring stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completing course of study in related field (i.e., finance & accounting). • Able to compile, organize and analyze data.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Competency in Microsoft applications, specifically Excel, Power Point. • Ability to work on tight deadlines.
Benefits of Internship
- Exposure to all aspects of a growing water & wastewater utility
- Gain experience in financial modeling, leveraging internal and external data in a fast paced environment working with extremely high energy professionals and large-scale private equity investors.
- Build personal network with finance professionals.
- Working with Director of FP&A, Corporate Controller, CFO and CEO
Schedule & Duration
• Duration: Up to 20 hours per week during school year and full-time during breaks • Hourly Rate – $15/hour; Overtime available
Please send your resume to [email protected] with “Finance Analyst Intern” in the subject line.