We’re Here For You
We know that we are living in unprecedented times. We’re here for you. If you are facing financial difficulties due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please give us a call at 866-301-7725 to arrange a payment plan and avoid disconnection or late fees.
At CSWR Texas Water, we are committed to bringing you safe, reliable wastewater services today, and every day, 365 days a year.
We are working with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality to improve your water systems so your community can count on its water resources for generations to come.
CSWR Texas Water Utility Operating Company is regulated by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TECQ).
BOIL WATER ADVISORY LIFTED:
The area affected was: Abraxas
As of Monday, March 15, 2021, the boil water advisory has been lifted for Abraxas. Samples collected were safe.
To assure that possible contamination is removed from plumbing, all customers should flush all the water lines in their home by operating all water faucets (both hot and cold) and flushing toilets. Any customer who notices colored or odorous water should report this to the water system official listed below or to the TCEQ.
For information, call CSWR Texas at 866-301-7725 or contact the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) at (512) 239-6696.
CSWR Texas UOC, LLC.
BOIL WATER ADVISORY IN EFFECT:
The area affected was: Aero Valley
As of Wednesday, February 17, 2021, Aero Valley has been placed on a boil water advisory until further notice.
The advisory is currently in effect and will remain in effect until water sample results indicate that no contamination is present. Signs were placed in the neighborhood and customers who have given us an email address will be notified presently.
We will notify you when the boil advisory is lifted. Please notify your neighbors and anyone who may be at risk.
GENERAL BOIL WATER INFORMATION:
Anyone served by the affected public water system should observe the following precautions:
- Boil water vigorously for three minutes prior to use for cooking or drinking.
- Disinfect food contact surfaces (dishes) by immersing them for at least one minute in clean tap water that contains one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
- Dispose of ice cubes and remake with water that has been boiled.
- Continue boiling all water that is to be used for cooking or drinking until the cause of the contamination has been found and corrected.
- Water used for bathing does not need to be boiled.
- LET WATER COOL SUFFICIENTLY BEFORE DRINKING (approximately 110 degrees F)
Our Customer Service Team is Here For You
We’re here to help you when you need it most. As a valued customer, our operations and maintenance professionals are here to help you with billing matters, service disruption and answer any other questions you have about your utility service.
Please contact our Customer Service department at 866-301-7725. For after-hours service emergencies, we have staff ready to take your information and ensure help is on the way. For non-emergencies outside our office hours, you may leave a message or email us at [email protected]
Paying Your Bill
Please remit future payments to:
CSWR Texas Utility Operating Company, Inc.
P.O. Box 790379
St. Louis, MO 63179
You will receive your utility bill in a monthly postcard format. Customer Support is available for questions about your bill or account status. Your account information is included on the bill postcard for reference.
- Use a credit card, debit card, or electronic bank payment; you may also set up auto-pay for monthly withdrawals from your bank account.
- Set up an on-line account by choosing “Create New Account” – enter your account number, your email address, and the code from your bill. Follow the prompts.
- To make a one-time on-line payment – choose “Pay Now,” enter your account number and the last name on your account. Follow the prompts.
Support office hours are 8am-5pm Monday through Friday with 24hr message services.